Article

TT: Further bearing with us …

TT has been gratefully received by its readers … but there will be a three-day break while TT deals with a personal drama …

“All will be well and all manner of thing shall be well” … Julian of Norwich, 17th century mystic …

1. garrystannus@hotmail.com

October 5, 2018 at 2:43 pm

๐˜Š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ
    ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ
    ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆโ€™๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆโ€™๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
    ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏโ€ฆ

[๐—•๐—ผ๐—ฏ ๐——๐˜†๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป of course โ€ฆ I wonder if heโ€™s ever read ๐™๐™–๐™จ Times (smile!)]

2. Dr Peter Lozo

October 5, 2018 at 10:35 am

Lynz,

I imagine that it must be extremely busy time with this changeover.

I noticed that the thread

has only 90 posts. But I recall that it had over 200 posts before the changeover. For example, on 26th September I sent an email to someone where I referred to two of my posts (#217 & #218) on that thread. I was intending to continue submitting on that thread in relation to the matters that I had already written in there couple of weeks ago but those previous posts aren’t there.

Can you please check what is going on here.

Also:

1. is there any way of previewing before submitting?

2. Some of the text formatting on the previous system doesn’t agree with the new system. For example: look at my post on that thread for September 9, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Here is just one sentence where the characters do not match the originally typed characters:

โ€œThis is a strategyรขโ‚ฌ๏ฟฝย Mr McLaren says in the video.รขโ‚ฌ๏ฟฝ

3. Casey

October 5, 2018 at 9:36 am

I’ll be patient.

First thought: The ‘Archives” link should be at top of home page, not needing scroll to bottom. Its at top elsewhere.

Second thought: The ease of following a topic and its comments has been degraded with this format. Previously, direct access to all comment history allowed fast find and read. The comments and their spin off discussions are the real soul of TasTimes.

I was happy with the previous format – suited me fine. Like Emmanuel, I’m a bit of a Luddite – I choose not to have a smart phone or carry about tablet – Don’t need my online stuff to be ‘mobile friendly’ but have to go with it..grumbling quietly along the way.

Best wishes to the TT crew – just give us back consolidated comments and I’ll be happy.

Casey

4. Peter Bright

October 5, 2018 at 7:15 am

Emmanuel, damning a newborn for not coping with adult life is irrational.

5. Lindsay Tuffin

October 5, 2018 at 6:46 am

Be very patient emmanuel … it’ll be a coupla months before TT is up to speed. comments will be restored etc …

6. Emmanuel Goldstein

October 4, 2018 at 9:48 pm

โ€œItโ€™s really fun. Itโ€™ll be even more fun when we can afford to have the fourth wall installed. How long you figure before we save up and get the fourth wall torn out and the fourth wall-TV put in? Itโ€™s only two thousand dollars.โ€ (Ray Bradbury Fahrenheit 451)

โ€œIt’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.โ€ (George Orwell 1984)

Tasmanian Times (TT) once put the fear of god into the greed-heads that bleed Tasmania dry. Them, their spin doctors and everyone else could see in black and white print the truth they do their damnest to hide whilst fondling themselves like baboons thinking of the wealth stolen from the Tasmanian people. Much to the greed-headโ€™s relief Tasmanian Times is now like any other convoluted white noise on the inter-web The new format is ‘dumbed downโ€™, akin to a Murdoch tabloid, screenful of white space, far too busy, screen filled with images instead of words/text, far too many icons and click bait, have to drill down to find anything. Perhaps I’m a luddite however I preferred black and white print rather than a busy screen stuffed full of random images. There must be over one hundred clickable icons on the page. If I wanted all the other stuff I would go there and look for it. Tasmanian Times was remnant of a considered broadsheet, simple to navigate, in sensible collated order. The all important comments were equal to the story, now theyโ€™re an afterthought. TT looks like a dog’s breakfast much like the so many other websites polluting the inter-web. What’s the deal with the URL? A month off for this? 2 out of 10. I guess even poor olde Linz believes the digital dumbness peddled by the semi literate high school dropouts at Pixel-key. How much did you fork out for this tripe Linz? Youโ€™ve/weโ€™ve been ripped off.

P.S. Can’t even send this comment, there’s no ‘send’ button.

7. Rob Halton

October 4, 2018 at 6:01 pm

Tried the trump article again at 5.59pm despite ticking I am not a spammer, my comment seems to be refused.

8. Rob Halton

October 4, 2018 at 7:39 am

Lindsay, tried again this Thursday morning, no luck with nation, Losing our democracy post as I suspect the Chinese banned me through TT.
    Had a crack at the Shuttle bus to Kunanyi post, that appears to have worked , touch wood!

9. Rob Halton

October 4, 2018 at 3:27 am

Lindsay, I cannot send comments anymore as when I go to post a comment at it asks for “please reload this”. i believe that i have filled in all of the boxes except I do not have a website! So far I not impressed with the changes!

• Alan Mason

October 4, 2018 at 9:19 am

So how did you make a comment…. did you tick the I am not a spammer box? Browser issue?

10. William Boeder

October 3, 2018 at 1:29 pm

Lindsay a well-done redesign and structure has been achieved by you with the aid of persons bearing their specialist skills.
    I have already learnt in the briefest of time the new form of navigation so easy to assimilate with this forum’s new profile.
    Do please give yourself a pat on the back for this huge undertaking that may have beckoned a new glossier presentation.