|WHAT’S ON TODAY
· Inquiries will be held into new encryption powers in the Telecommunications and Other Legislation Amendment (Assistance and Access) Bill 2018, to hear from AFP, ASIO, and Home Affairs; oversight of ASIC, the Takeovers Panel and the Corporations Legislation; and the four big banks, to hear from NAB.
· The University of Canberra will launch Indigenous children’s book Monster Party, written by children from the Rawa Community School in the Pilbara.
· A funeral will be held for the “Father of Medicare”, Professor John Deeble.
· Federal health minister Greg Hunt is expected to open a multi-million dollar expansion of mental health accommodation and services in Melbourne.
· Commercial Radio Australia will host the Radio Alive 2018 National Radio Conference, with speakers to include NOVA’s Kate Ritchie, ABC host Virginia Trioli, documentary-maker Todd Sampson and more.
· Veterans’ Affairs Minister Darren Chester will launch “Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling”, which will provide free counselling to veterans and their families.
· Deputy opposition leader Tanya Plibersek will hold a doorstop with Labor’s Wentworth candidate Tim Murray. Independent candidate Licia Heath and Sydney Independent MP Alex Greenwich will also hold a media conference ahead of the byelection.
· The Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards WA will be presented as part of the Location Intelligence Forum and Exhibition 2018.
· SA Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment David Ridgway will present at the South Australian Trade and Investment Forum.
· SA Chief Information Officers and department ICT representatives will speak at Intermedium’s “Taking the Digital Pulse for 2018-19” state briefing event.
· Wintergarden will host Brisbane Fashion Month event Next Gen Fashion Runway along Queen St Mall.
· British plant biologist Professor Cathie Martin will present “Food is about healthcare, medicine is about sick care” for the QUT IFE Grand Challenge Lecture.
· TasICT will host the Business Transformation Conference & Gala Dinner 2018.