… and Champion Ice Cream at the Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards
Van Diemens Land Creamery has produced premium Tasmanian artisan ice cream for over 12 years. With more than 50 flavours, they proudly use local produce to ensure their product is as Tasmanian as possible – from local berries and leatherwood honey to Tasmanian peanut butter, olive oil and pepperberries.
In July, Van Diemens Land Creamery entered 11 flavours into the Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards, including all nine of their 500ml and 1L tubs sold in selected providores, fine food outlets and IGAs around Tasmania. Their Pepperberry and Leatherwood Honey Ice Cream was awarded Champion Ice Cream and of the 11 flavours entered, Van Diemens Land Creamery walked away with 11 gold medals.
These results mean they are still in the running for the three major Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards to be announced on August 18th, including Best Exhibit in Show, Best Tasmanian Exhibit and Minister’s Encouragement Award.
In addition to their 500ml and 1L tubs, Van Diemens Land Creamery’s ice cream can be found in scoop outlets and on the menu in restaurants and cafes around Tasmania. This includes their cafe attached directly to the ice cream factory at Elizabeth Town in Northern Tasmania. Stop in to relax with a coffee, try their award-winning ice cream or even enjoy their amazing homemade pancakes. You could catch a glimpse of the ice cream being made through their production room window! If you’re in Hobart, their punt on Constitution Dock has your cravings covered. Walk on to the floating ice creamery and soak up the amazing views of Hobart from a unique perspective.
Van Diemens Land Creamery has always believed in producing artisan ice cream using as little additives and preservatives as possible without sacrificing the amazing texture and consistency of smooth, creamy ice cream. They are honoured and excited to receive so many awards for ice creams, gelatos and sorbets that highlight the essence of what Tasmania has to offer.
2018 Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards Results:
1. Pepperberry and Leatherwood Honey Ice Cream (500ml tubs) – Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards Champion Ice Cream
2. Peach and Lemon Myrtle Ice Cream (500ml tubs) – Gold Medal
3. Choc Hazelnut Gelato (500ml tubs) – Gold Medal
4. Salted Caramel Ice Cream (500ml tubs) – Gold Medal
5. Mint Choc Chip Gelato (500ml tubs) – Gold Medal
6. Café Latte Ice Cream (500ml tubs) – Gold Medal
7. Blood Orange Sorbet (500ml tubs) – Gold Medal
8. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (1L tubs) – Gold Medal
9. Chocolate Gelato (1L tubs) – Gold Medal
10. Lemon Sorbet – Gold Medal
11. Whiskey Cream Ice Cream – Gold Medal
Still in the running for the following awards being announced on August 18th:
• Best Exhibit in Show
• Best Tasmanian Exhibit
• Minister’s Encouragement Award.