3 – 5 February 2012
The Jackey’s Marsh Forest festival is getting set to feature some exciting entertainment this summer.
Held on the first weekend of February in the beautiful valley of Jackey’s Marsh just outside of Deloraine, this community-run festival has a strong tradition of celebrating Tasmania’s unique and extraordinary forests as well as demonstrating environmental sustainability. The festival features a diverse and exciting music program bringing together musicians and performers from all over the country, loads of interactive workshops and hands on activities and a special children’s precinct.
Come and enjoy 3 days and 2 nights of superb music and entertainment, set to the awe inspiring backdrop of Quamby Bluff and the Great Western Tiers. Highlights from the music program include:
• The Bombay Royale – Melbourne’s very own Bollywood funk legends
• Mista Savona an Australian leader in roots/reggae and dancehall tunes
• The Woohoo Revue – foot stomping gypsy tunes
• Max Savage and the False Idols – unique vintage soul tunes from the central deserts,
• Also featuring; The Adam Cousens Band, Jnr Bowles, Halfway to Forth, Bears with Guns, Guthrie, The Cubas, Little Bear, Dublo, DJ’s, The Forest Cabaret and many more local and interstate acts announced on the webite.
Tickets now on sale via our website or from outlets around Tasmania:
Deloraine: Seppenfelts, 32 Emu Bay Rd
Launceston: The Wilderness Society, 174 Charles St
Hobart: The Wilderness Society, The Galleria, 33 Salamanca Place
Ticket prices range from $65/$90 with family passes, concessions and day tickets available. Early bird discounted tickets on sale until 20 December 2011.
Joe Pickett, Festival Producer, says “The Jackey’s Marsh Forest Festival is an exciting event on Tasmania’s cultural calendar, with a strong tradition and a good heart. In 2012, we are so pleased to be able to bring together the best of Tasmania’s musicians, playing alongside some great bands collected from all over the country”.
Lisa Yeates, Festival Publicity Coordinator, expects this year’s turnout to exceed previous numbers. “With such a high quality line up of acts, and a huge variety of family-focused, environmental and arts-based activities, we are sure to see record numbers this year.
Check out www.forestfestival.org for prices, details and latest announcements.