MEDIA RELEASE MEDIA RELEASE MEDIA RELEASE
ALEXANDER MOORES PRESENTED AT STATE AWARDS
Alexander Moores, 21 of MOLESWORTH was presented as a Finalist in the Tasmania Together Community Service Award by Louise Sullivan, Board Member, Tasmania Together at the 2011 Southern Cross Young Achiever Awards Presentation ceremony held at Wrest Point on Saturday 9th April 2011.
350 guests including the Hon. Lara Giddings MP, Premier of Tasmania and Patron of the awards attended the Gala event.
The nine category winners were:
• Abyilene McGuire, 28 of BLACKMANS BAY – Camerons Leadership and Innovation Award
• Stanislav Shabala, 27 of LINDISFARNE – TEMCO Science and Technology Award
• Simon French, 27 of CREMORNE – Spirit of Tasmania Award
• Eddie Ockenden, 24 of MOONAH – Print Applied Technology Sports Award
• Michael Lampard, 25 of BATTERY POINT – Academy of the Arts: UTAS School of Visual and Performing Arts and Tasmanian Polytechnic Arts Award
• Joe Bennett, 28 of GREAT BAY – Fonterra Agricultural Award
• Gregory Irons, 27 of BRIGHTON – Hydro Tasmania Environment Award
• Lisa Tedeschi, 27 of LAUNCESTON – O Group Trade and Enterprise Achievement Award
• Sarah Perry, 23 of RISDON VALE – Tasmania Together Community Service Award
Stanislav Shabala, 27 of LINDISFARNE was also named as the 2011 Premiers Young Achiever of the Year.
Alexander Moores, 21 of MOLESWORTH is a selfless volunteer and role model. He is a mental health advocate with Advocacy Tasmania and sexual health advocate with Family Planning Tasmania. Alexander was a board member of the University of Tasmania Law Review, the Tasmanian University Societies Council and Youth Network of Tasmania. He has been involved with the Tasmanian Youth Forum, United Nations Youth Association, Hobart City Council Youth Advisory Committee, Foundation for Young Australians. Alexander is heavily involved in Youth Parliament and was convenor in 2009 and 2010. He has attended and organised many forums.