We are looking for volunteer Content Editors to join the team at Tasmanian Times to help deliver quality, independent news and media to our readers. We’ll need people to help manage content for each of the following sections; Politics & Current Affairs; Arts & Culture; Sports, Leisure & Travel; Wellbeing & Food; and Media Releases and Statements.
This is an opportunity to write, edit, and photograph topics that you feel passionate about in Tasmania, and engage with the wider community. Tasmanian Times offers an opportunity to be involved in an independent media collective; a space for people to share and engage with what they are passionate about within our island state. To do this we are looking to highlight original content from a diverse range of voices and experiences – by Tasmanians, for Tasmanians.
Successful candidates will be willing and able to commit to the following;
– 4-6 hours volunteering per week, on average
– High level writing skills; ability to contribute to writing and editing articles
– Understand the scope of our content, be willing to source independent and original content and hear from a wide range of voices in Tasmania
– Report to and take direction from Operations Manager and Chief Editor, whilst working autonomously on delegated section
– Have access to reliable computer and internet services
– Be passionate about independent and alternative media sources
– Attend initial training session on Saturday 30th November (in person in Hobart, lunch provided, or online). Further training sessions may be available if required.
Please let us know that you’re keen to get involved by filling out this short form.
People of all ages and backgrounds, with an interest in fiercely independent media, are encouraged to apply!
We look forward to hearing from you!