Article

Letter to the Editor on Will Hodgman. Mr Hodgman replies …

Will Hodgman ... Pic: ABC

Hello Premier Hodgman …

This is a new low for you and I for one am offended by your ill-considered remarks.

I am, like many Tasmanians I know, fast becoming Anti-Liberal-Party-Brigade and your numbers are on a fast downward spiral, so you might need my vote or support more than you obviously realise; I still have in my minds eye of you marching up to a rent a crowd (They were told to be there by the boss and in paid time) at New Norfolk in the early days of 1st Term, hands on hips, sleeves rolled up, with that smart fool Harris by your side.

My Mother always said “Don’t talk about anyone on the bus in Tasmania as you don’t know who is in the seat behind” and of course my cousin spilled the beans about rent a crowd.

Stupidity!! and I was hoping you had grown up … obviously not,  perhaps we had better listen more carefully to the gossip of who is waiting in the wings.  In some quarters they are taking bets.  It does not appear you have very much political capital.

Members of my family have done more for this state over many years than any Hodgman, Abetz, Courtney, Hiddings etc who are fast becoming irrelevant fools and get to be, in their eyes important, because they attend Liberal Party meetings and when you ask how come Abetz gets elected you are told by all and sundry make sure you get top of the ticket and remove any threat; ask Senator Colbeck about that.

I note some of my hard working family make good travel companions and I can give you a list of good things done by good ordinary people to make this state great and create real jobs not by you or the Treasurer, those raspberries had no bloody help from you, as that business was started before you were born.

To me Premier Hodgman it shows a very small weak man who uses such language; for what purpose I ask? It does not fit well with the image of Mr Nice Guy.

Just listening to an article on RPH Ms Courtney says every Tasmanian should be able to go about their business Blah Blah, we all know how smart she is – hair the right colour!!

My Grandfather a Legend of the Bush – the Best Bushman ever of Tasmania – would not countenance that kind of nonsense he would work it out for the benefit of all concerned, best thing you can do for Tasmania is to shut her up.

I think you owe us “Anti everythings” an apology and I can assure you I am very proud of the fact that I am an activist and you can take your crap laws for which the Blonde is promoting  and shove them.

Because Tasmania is a precious place and you have reduced yourself to a very low point as those of us with memories of how complicit you in were opposition – eg Gunns and Forestry etc. – and I will always look after Tasmania and stupid blondes can bugger off.

I might suggest you take a leaf out of the Lindsay Fox playbook – Ask him about loyalty and I can vouch for that, also make everybody your friend and I know he would not insult his worst enemy as you have done.

So my advice to you is ‘Grow up you should  have moved on from kindergarten’  and manage the state for me and everybody.

We are sick and tired of crap politics and spin.

Maureen Austin

Brooke Street,

Devonport

A reply from Will Hodgman …

Dear Ms Austin,

On behalf of the Premier, I acknowledge and thank you for your email dated 8 March 2019.

The matters you have raised have been noted and your correspondence is currently being considered.

Kind regards,

Kerri

1. Ron

May 24, 2019 at 4:48 pm

… and the same goes for Hodgman’s little mate Gutwhinge who decided he needed a 1.1 billion dollar sand pit to “build stuff in”.

Tasmania used to be a place where you could actually live. Now I see homeless people begging on the footpath, others sleeping in cars .. and endless congestion.

All the while, little Willie sits in his Ivory Tower, a fully owned mouthpiece of corporate Tasmania. Stuff the nurses, teachers and paramedics … you can work for for a wage cut!

You, little Willie, Gutwhinge, and that Jesus-loving incompetent health minister, have royally screwed this state .. and the rest of us have to live with the consequences.

“Bugger off!” is so polite .. compared to what I’d like to say!

2. Chris

May 10, 2019 at 9:34 am

Now Willy likes cars, so 6 million dollars goes to a race track. Nurses will pay for some if they have a stop work meeting.

Still only losing 20 nurses per month while the Minister For Standing Still stands still.

Willy’s mate?

3. Chris

April 30, 2019 at 11:30 am

Well here’s a go fer yer!

Reduce the feed in tariff t0 8 cents per KWHr it’s called a LNP power reduction.

Install Solar and feed your house for light and power and send the rest to the grid with none going to Heat & Hot water.
    Whatever you do don’t inform the householder that they will receive no credit whatsoever for that amount of power, rather they will pay 17 cents per unit when they get it back.

How many solar customers know that Hot Water and Heat are charged at full rate even if they generate more than their household requires.

Pay in excess of $100 to have the SMART meter reconfigured to switch to a time of use tariff (93) and then pay 14 cents per unit (on peak) and 31.5 (off peak.)

The SMART meter is unable to display to the customer the amount of power used in an ON PEAK period, its mixed with all the other readings.

The resultant invoice, I suggest is illegal –its not itemised.

Information required in this regard can be obtained by calling their call centre. YET THEY MAINTAIN IT CANNOT BE SEPERATE.

How is it legal to charge two different amounts within one meter reading?
    Come on Willy answer this one!

• Chris.

April 29, 2019 at 9:22 am

HOW TO VOTE CARD Lyons Tasmania.
      Pre poll Vote From today 29Th April

VOTE ONLY BELOW THE LINE

Mitchell Labor.
      x
      Whisson Greens

The rest in any order, but put the least likely to get votes next.

SENATE – YOU MUST VOTE FOR 12 BELOW THE LINE

Compulsory to put Liza Singh first.
      Then put the remaining 5 Labor people in order of choice.
      x
      Then the 3 Greens.
      Then the 2 fishermen..

Then maybe 1 independent

Mission fulfilled NO NEED TO VOTE FOR ANY MORE, ignoring the LNP &
      The rest of the RWNJs.

4. Maureen Austin

April 15, 2019 at 6:53 pm

The conversation has continued perhaps off the beaten track, as noted Premier Hodgman’s staff member responded which is standard. Premier Hodgman did reply and explained his position he was probably a bit surprised that I actually agreed with him on that issue, but it was his comment/attitude that I objected to.
    The next issue which made me very cranky was a problem with Aurora/Tas Networks Meter Reader refusing to ring my doorbell. What’s the problem you all ask, I placed a $ 5.00 lock on the gate because he left the gate open and Oscar took advantage of that and a kind lady from Port Sorell returned him. Now it has become a Mexican Standoff, Aurora say I can have an APP on my telephone or I can purchase a specific lock and I say he can ring my doorbell and I will happily open the gate. I get a threatening letter suggestive off a police state a day or so after the meter has been estimated, I am now a successful applicant for the new provider. But top marks to Premier Hodgman a call from a pleasant lady from Aurora who said she was responding to a request from the Premiers Department.

Issue 2. I omitted to pay the Devonport Council rates instalment due 28/2/2019 and as soon as I realised I telephoned and paid it but declined the ‘offer’ to pay the fine. I have never been in arrears, would it not be too hard to make a reminder call to enquire why I had not paid or even send a reminder before the instalment was due. So of course you have all guessed I have nominated Premier Hodgman as my go to fix it person. Today I received a letter (Signed by him) noting that he had heard my concerns on both issues.

I have been nagging Premier Hodgman for months about the poor quality of Customer Service we out here in voter land have to tolerate and are often treated with indifference or disdain.
    I have suggested as a minimum our Public Servants/ Bureaucrats should comply with Standards Australia Service requirements and have in place documentation which would ensure issues were resolved at the lowest level.

I think most of us are aware of the difficulty ‘Party Politics’ creates and the limitations it has on the effective management of our state. I for one appreciate that Premier Hodgman has shown himself to be decent and he should not have to tolerate some of the trivial stuff I have handed out, the lower level should cop that as that is where the problem is. Sadly for the Premier I have another couple of issues – one is why can’t people answer the telephone, and the next is caring for our History/Heritage other than built which has also been seen to have flaws lately
    Maureen Austin

• Simon Warriner

April 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm

How about members of our mental health service who think that it is entirely appropriate to assess the health of a paranoid delusional anxiety sufferer who is refusing assistance by ringing them up out of the blue? What should be done about that level of bare faced incompetence? I know what I would like to have done, but the Geneva Convention has banned the practice.

I am glad you have had some success, Maureen. My local member failed to turn up at the hearing in Hobart when I really needed him.

5. Simon Warriner

April 15, 2019 at 8:20 am

This discussion has devolved to farce. The Chinese are the critical component in both major parties economic plans, without their market our economy is certainly in a recession, more likely depression. Meanwhile both major parties continue their blind, dumb allegiance to the US hegemonic delusion whose major ambition is to try and retain its rapidly declining position as a the only global power.

Failure to see the inherent contradiction between those two positions renders those prepared to accept them unfit to run a chook raffle, let alone a national economy.

• William Boeder

April 15, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Thank you Simon for admitting the facts that underlay the nil integrity of the 2 major parties, more-so the increasing non-credible claims squirting like Duck poo from within the Liberal party State and Federal.
      Without the issued falsity and lies by the Liberal parties as above-stated they have no basis to continue as a political party.
      One must also reflect on the fact that only a Liberal party would incorporate an Eric Abetz as a person of influence.

• William Boeder

April 29, 2019 at 11:16 am

Simon a different perspective of the Chinese Silk road to development to enable quite a number of sound and sensible benefits for a great many other countries.
      An extract from the Global Research network, see below (a credible international news source) that provides some very interesting reading that incorpororates the manner of America’s position in their laying waste to our World through their long pursued activities to destroy the
      souls of their own people let alone so many others in this World……over the last 60 odd years.

This article touches on the Silk Road Belt initiatives, all is not so grim as the Western Ideology hastily determines, I believe reading this article will provide the best of reasonings not to follow the USA dominated Westernised countries in ths World.
      It is important to read the whole of this article before one can express their opinion.
      Please bear in mind that I am not criticising your comment? Thank you.

William.

6. John Hawkins

April 14, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Halton …

When your mob allowed the gambling lobby to buy them power, I did despair.

It is what they have done with it since their hands grasped the levers of power that is really, really depressing.

Even the dunce of the political class could have built the hospital with the $500 million of funding obtained by Andrew Wilkie.

Not your Abetzian rabble.

Your Liberals in this state are beyond useless. Even the brain dead would be an improvement.

• Formally Just Kate

April 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm

“Your Liberals in this state are beyond useless”

Cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough
      cough cough.

I am going to have to correct you on that one, Mr Hawkins.
      Halton is a devotee of her Excellency, S Hickey, and thus by definition is NOT a supporter of the Liberals!

• Rob Halton

April 17, 2019 at 5:05 am

Hawkins,,,
      The one responsible was Wilkie who effectively supported Rudd to form government, Abbott did offer fund a new $1B hospital on a greenfield site, but no we are burdened with an expensive rebuild on a cluttered site as I have reminded Wilkie on many occasions a satisfactory Public Hospital at the old Royal will never happen, never! Another 250 beds in five years, to few to late!

Recently I spoke with our State government savior Sue Hickey at her Glenorchy Office re Mental health for which appears to be no longer an option to expend at the RHH ,I mentioned govt to buy up the remaining site at the Hobart Showgrounds behind Bunnings, she mentioned a potential site up behind St Johns past the DPWIE research labs in New Town to consolidate for a dedicated M H facility, I investigated the site there are some providers there already including a St Johns Bowls Club which takes up much of the area. Hickey is right so far with her judgement for which she needs to push onto government.

Formally just Kate……
      For what ever is troubling you, Ms Hickey remains as the best chance for the State government to wake up to itself as we advance into this century with insufficient thought for the Infrastructural needs, Health Education and Transport for what will rapidly emerge as a cluttered and broken up city.

Recent RACT report into daily transport vision supported by Andrew Wilkie is not achievable, the car is king of the road and will remain so for decades, Sue and I have spoken in detail recently, she agrees and sent my report to Infrastructure Minister Jememy Rockcliff, since the govt will conduct a study into an alternative route to bypass the city ( Macquarie and Davey Sts)

The Hobart City Council is going too Green under the recent anti Cable Car elected Mayor and I know for a fact the increased Green constituent has divided the Council to the point that Hobart central faces excessive cluttering by the University expansion and denial of support for future vehicular transport to be able to bypass the city, the Green fools at HCC have supported Cycling, Buses, Ferries and LIght Rail.

To you both, Mr Hawkins and Formally Just Kate vote for a Coalition Federal govt and it is more likely the nation as a whole will do much better under PM Morrison who is still learning the ropes but is more convincing than Shorten and his Labor Green ring ins,

As far as I am concerned Mr Wilkie In Denison at a Federal level is stale and out of touch, almost redundant in fact, the real mover for Denison is State govt Speaker Sue Hickey who is an open and clear change agent who relishes in dealing with reality and i am hoping she will remain as outspoken and not afraid to deal with matters at the coalface as she is currently undertaking.

• Formally Just Kate.

April 17, 2019 at 11:53 am

I am sure Mr Rockcliff’s spam box was very appreciative of another email from her Excellency. At the moment, Hickey is the best bet the Libs have of being elected for a third term… after she is expelled from the party.

• Rob Halton

April 17, 2019 at 5:21 pm

FJK, I think that you are you plain jealous of a very successful female who is doing her best for people in Tasmania not for the Party first. Regardless of what the Liberal Party thinks, people will vote for Ms Hickey anyway as she continues to make her way past the quagmire of “conventional “political correctness!

It was pointless for her to stay with Hobart City Council as Mayor due to the superficiality of the organisation with its vast array of different and
          disagreeable personalities. In my opinion the HCC has gone from bad to worse as the anti cable Car Mayor is attempting to bring the city to its knees by going too Green too quickly. I am not a fastidious supporter of cable Car either but the State government should be available to solve the vehicle problem before the city is overrun by cars and trucks using the city as a main through fare ! Cable Car is very much a secondary matter as Hodgman will find out from those who dont want the scenic quality of the mountain interfered with!

I bet that the Aldermen cannot agree on anything and Council is a complete shambles. Hickey made the right decision to leave and devote her time now that she can really help people without being over run by Council nonsense.

• Formally Just Kate

April 17, 2019 at 7:33 pm

“FJK, I think that you are you plain jealous of a very successful female who is doing her best for people in Tasmania not for the Party first.”

Congratulations Mr Halton, for inadvertently hitting the nail right on the head, in perhaps more ways than one.

….

7. Rob Halton

April 13, 2019 at 11:27 pm

Hawkins you give up to easily, what is wrong with you these days, politics getting a bit too much for you. Wake up man, Morrison remains as the best opportunity for Australia to remain as a reasonably sound economy within the next term of Federal government.

Handing power to Shorten is a very doubtful scenario that is likely to create unstability for our economy especially with his overly ambitious and abrupt changes to energy policy and electric powered cars as a labor derived response to the Climate vagaries.

Better to stick with the devil we know.

• Peter Bright

April 14, 2019 at 10:19 am

Wake up yourself, Robin! Mr Hawkins is perspicacious and erudite. You are neither.

The devil we know is a devil indeed, and a bare-faced liar and a fraud as well. Deception is the Coalition’s stock-in-trade, and incompetence riddles its marrow.

It’s no wonder that Morrison’s side of politics buggered up the NBN roll-out with its idiotic “fibre to the node” instead of Labor’s “fibre to the home”. I knew that was wrong from the start.

Labor really knew what it was talking about, but the Coalition Party of Practicing Dimwits didn’t have the technical understanding of auntie Mabel’s favourite laying chook. Look here: https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/tech/2019/04/09/nbn-accc-slow-speeds/

The dopes never do. They leave the real work to the workforce they so deeply despise. Why? Because they are too ignorant and stupid to do it themselves. Plotting for gain is their main aim, and this regardless of any adverse consequences to mankind and the planet.

The UK’s handsome Michael Portillo is a superb presenter, but his ability to do anything practical is torture to watch. He lacks the skills. Why? He was one of the UK’s Tory (Liberal) politicians. Genuine skills not necessary. The same here. Hopeless mob, as trustworthy as Satan himself.

Wrong motives and wrong intentions produce bad results. Just ask the descendants of auntie Mabel’s favourite laying chook. Laying her eggs under Uncle Jim’s tractor was quite alright – until he started it up. It wasn’t just the eggs that got squashed that day.

But one can live in hope, and mine is that on voting day the Coalition cops what auntie Mabel’s favourite laying chook copped.

She didn’t deserve such a crushing defeat, but the Coalition of Practicing Dimwits surely does.

• Rob Halton

April 14, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Peter. you wouldnt be voting for Shorten for PM by any chance would you! Shorten will be an absolute disaster, money will flow like water till it runs out quicker than you attempt to fill out your ballot paper. Its a certainty that Shorten wont last the full term, down to earth Albanese would have been the better choice for Labor, but no they chose a dud instead!

• Chris

April 17, 2019 at 8:27 am

Oh yeah, $40 billion in cuts to pay for cuts over the next 10 years!

Morisscum’s Economics!

• Chris

April 19, 2019 at 10:39 am

Anyone that deals directly with Will Hodgman will always be fogged off, he is the last politician one can expect to get any honest answers from .

Thanks Rob.

How many have contacted him since the reduction of feed in tariffs to solar customers?
      Why is the feed in of actual solar power not credited towards one’s hot water/heat pump account, which is bypassed and fed to the grid at 8 cents per KWHr and returned and charged 17 cents per KWHr – that’s the Liberals in charge of course, its their policy to reduce power prices.

See the Liberals have (honestly?) published their manifesto and we know Hodgman supports it especially Erica!

8. John Hawkins

April 8, 2019 at 3:49 pm

As I guessed .. a ‘no show’ by John Lehmann, the puppet employed as Murdoch’s editor at The Australian.

What it is to be owned lock, stock and barrel by the four times married former owner of the News of the Screws?

“Thankyou, and Goodbye.”

9. John Hawkins

April 5, 2019 at 6:01 pm

I wrote the following letter to the Editor of The Australian which I am sure will not be published:

The bastards have doubled the debt.

As at July 1 2018, the budget estimate of net debt in Australia was A$341.0 billion, up from A$174.5 billion in September 2013 when the Coalition took office. That’s an increase of A$166.5 billion, or roughly 95%, over almost five years.

Further we are not in the black! The surplus of $4.1 billion is projected for the next financial year – a pinprick in the debt balloon.

This year another loss! We are still in the red.

How can your paper let the Liberals get away with lying to the public on such a grand scale?

Will you, as the Editor, call them to account?

If not, why not?

Do your job as the Editor of our national newspaper!

• Peter Bright

April 5, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dear John,

Telling the Editor of The Australian to do his job is pointless, because in wilfully publishing Murdoch-approved lies, he already is! That’s what he was hired to do! He knows it was a condition of the job.

The Australian’s Editor would not dare call the Liberals to account because he knows what will happen to him if he does. There will be secret phone calls, the underlying theme of which will be “or else!”

The capitalist press historically publishes innumerable reports that can be verified. That was what it originally set out to do way back, but it was a deliberate trap to deceive the public into reliance on the published word. It worked because of the population’s ignorance, a universal ignorance that endures to this day because our deliberately dumbed down population is so easily fooled with simple physical distractions and vacuous nonsense. I perceive little evidence of a significant awakening. Stupidity reigns!

So truth, large amounts of it, was the bait. But the bait often included subtle toxins for the purpose of increasing the owner’s selfish interests, and those of his ilk. “Interests” means techniques for getting money from others.

The capitalists’ aim is to secure control of the levers of government for the purpose of protecting their own selfish interests no matter what “collateral damage” is inflicted on the population or the environment. Their Australian control agent is this nation’s Liberal Party, and its myrmidons are its traitorous politicians and our compliant media outlets.

Capitalist enterprises are destroying the Earth for gain, and its people for profit. They won’t stop until there’s nothing left to exploit. That’s the nature of mindless greed.

Money is a drug to them, and way too much is never enough.

I believe the Greens know all this, and that’s perhaps the main reason why they are so hated by the so-called “right” of politics. In politics “the right” is so very wrong!

Also hated and earmarked for capitalist destruction is our ABC. It’s a truth teller. Capitalists can’t stand them, and they can’t stand any wholesome enterprise, for example renewable energy sources, from which they cannot make parasitic gain for themselves.

10. Rob Halton

April 5, 2019 at 5:03 am

The Premier is well protected within the party machine, individual queries from the public are the least of his worries this also applies to the leader of the Opposition and the Greens leader too. All are well protected from public interference by their minders, not much difference to the Mafia really except the concerned public get to stay alive and but remain powerless.

None could give a damn about individual thinkers such as Maureen who has made her debut with TT ironically it seems as the independent newspaper has shut down to further articles probably due to an overdose of squabbling contributors, far left wing politics on this site is a major worry and has over time played out in major disagreements and nastiness, no wonder the Editor has called it a day!

The only hope for the entire Tasmanian political system is Liberals Speaker Sue Hickey who is challenging the political autocrats particularly within her Liberal ranks in order for her to create fair and reasonable social inclusion, a commendable and much needed attribute for any “independent minded” politician who does not mind to be seen working hard at the coal face on a daily basis while the rest of the political mob bask within their own comfort zones in the State Parliament Lower house waiting for divine inspiration to appear, it wont !

The hard work by Ms Hickey for social inclusion on many levels will pay off as hopefully time is favorable towards her continuation by showing individual leadership qualities!

The entire Tasmanian political system has been dragging its feet for far too long now, we’ve had enough of the superficiality of politics is getting worse as I recall going back to the days since the days of former Premiers Bartlett’s bullshit pep talks till the latest nonsense by Premier Hodgman, Tasmania becoming the Battery of the Nation, what, Pumped Hydro you must be joking!

11. Chris

March 28, 2019 at 10:11 am

Good or bad?
    Hidding is gone.
    Gun laws now in too hard basket.
    Will Gun Nation be last on Willy’s ticket?
    Expect to hear anything – no.

12. Formally Just Kate

March 21, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Ms Austin,
    I am somewhat surprised that the premier’s office sent you an acknowledgment (not a reply) to an email that does not actually ask or propose anything meaningful! It gladdens me to hear that you think your family is pretty good.

13. William Boeder

March 21, 2019 at 11:24 am

How is it that Tasmania’s Liberal party ministers can tell lies, and/or make feckless promises until they are blue in the face, yet no law court action follows on from this purposeful engagement in story telling?

Such behaviour would land an Australian citizen in Court.

14. Chris.

March 21, 2019 at 8:44 am

Yesterday 20th March he used his “kind to animals face” to state that he was looking into the RSPCA.
    Im looking into it is my mirror solution, I always do it!

15. Chris

March 19, 2019 at 8:05 am

Have you seen this Willy?
    Is Rupert an American citizen?
    Does he have his hackers-oops- fingers in Sky?
    Where are Willy’s gun laws now?
    Where is Hidding hiding?
    If you buy Murdocks rags are you complicit?

16. Chris

March 15, 2019 at 9:01 am

Why would anyone take any notice of a Hodgman Pokiest Standard reply,…..here staff member send a reply!

17. William Boeder

March 11, 2019 at 9:45 am

Hello Maureen, good to hear from you over Devonport way. You letter to the editor has incorporated the views of a great many like-minded Tasmanian people, even though they may not articulate the tough spirit of the Austin Family.

As for the Liberals, they are best known for their Health and Welfare services budget cutbacks and lies to the people, other than that is the snout of Eric Abetz that will continue to sour the hopes of Will and his team of freeloaders.

I thank you for speaking up on this subject matter re the nothingness of the State’s feckless Liberal party, not much has changed since the Liberal mob had sat on the opposition benches, I am unable to recall any positives since Will had become Premier back in March 2014.
    Were it not for the injection of ‘pokie profit’ funding by Greg “Pokie Manopoly” Farrell, there would not have been any extended term of Liberal State leadership.
    A great many people from the bogan element in this State had been befuddled or perhaps bedazzled by the colour of ‘Liberal Blue’ hanging like tinsel on a Xmas tree spread across Tasmania, that stunt will not work next election.

To quite a large extent Will Hodgman and his sidekicks had emulated the election winning strategy of both John “Fibber” Howard and Tony “The Tosspot” Abbott ‘just tell the ’em a pack of lies.’
    That kind of charima or Ignus Fatuus wont cut it come the next election.

Rebecca White had better dust off her stand-by Premier’s hat as she will need it post the next election, perhaps her glowing futures may even be kicked along by the Greens and largely independent others.
    Of course one cannot be sure unless the forecast of Dr Kevin Bonham makes that a thundering certainty.