RACT Symphony under the Stars with the TSO at the Botanical Gardens is just the (free) ticket
Saturday 16 February 7 pm
A concert, a picnic, a family-friendly event
Sometimes the best seat in the house is your very own picnic rug.
Settle back with family and friends and enjoy an evening of live orchestral music at RACT Symphony under the Stars, performed for the first time in Hobart’s iconic Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens on Saturday 16 February. The event, compered by Christopher Lawrence, will be conducted by Benjamin Northey and feature baritone José Carbó in a program with a strong Hispanic flavour and featuring beloved arias from operas including Rigoletto, The Barber of Seville and Carmen.
The TSO said, ‘We are making a change this year to provide increased access to more areas of Greater Hobart and to enable more people to experience RACT Symphony under the Stars.’
As with previous RACT Symphony under the Stars concerts, entry is free but – for the first time – tickets will be required, and are easily available online, via telephone or in person from the TSO Box Office.
‘We have introduced ticketing in order to accurately measure attendance at the event. This enables us to provide adequate facilities, manage our safety measures and to better communicate with our audience. RACT Symphony under the Stars will remain a free event.’
Space is limited so register today for your free tickets and relax, unwind and let the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra serenade you in the atmospheric surrounds of the Botanical Gardens.
RACT Symphony under the Stars
Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart
Saturday 16 February 7 pm
FREE Tickets available (maximum 10 per booking): www.tso.com.au | 1800 001 190
- Gates will open at 3.30pm. Music starts at 7pm and will end at approximately 9.15pm. The Tasmanian Youth Orchestra will perform from 6pm on the main stage.
- The event is free of charge but tickets are required and will be scanned on entry. A maximum of 10 tickets can be obtained in one transaction.
- The only entry point to The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens for RACT Symphony under the Stars will be the main gate on Lower Domain Road (near the entry to the Herb Garden). Please note that the lower gate will not be open.
- Parking will be available: full details, including a map, will be released in later January 2019.
- Feel free to bring along a picnic and drinks (alcohol is permitted).
- There will be a barbecue sausage stall operated by Lindisfarne Rotary. Hamlet Coffee, Que Sera Sera Coffee and Fine Drop Wines will be on site serving drinks.
- RACT Symphony under the Stars is a family-friendly event and suitable for even the youngest of family members.