*Pic: of Will Hodgman from his website …
Pic of Michael Ferguson and family from his Facebook page … it was Ferguson who was implicated in the Williamson scandal.
• Hodgman said Haley resigned
• Resignation would not have triggered a payout
• Liberals rewarded bad behaviour with $45,000
Premier Hodgman allowed one of his closest advisers to collect a $45,000 payment after the election despite claiming that she had resigned in disgrace.
In March, Mr Hodgman told the ABC he had accepted Martine Haley’s resignation, which means she would not be entitled to a severance payment.
This followed revelations that Ms Haley was running fake social media accounts to troll Tasmanians including sending screenshots of tweets to Angela Williamson’s employer, Cricket Australia.
“Ms Haley offered her resignation following an inappropriate email she sent, which I have made clear was totally unacceptable.” – Will Hodgman, March 5, 2018.
“It was confirmed in Parliament today that Premier Hodgman lied about accepting that resignation and instead allowed his senior adviser to stay on and collect a severance payment to the tune of $45,000,” Labor Leader Rebecca White said.
“The Premier has handed out nearly $50,000 of taxpayers’ money to someone who deliberately set out to attack and bully people.
“By approving this payment, Premier Hodgman has provided his personal endorsement of Ms Haley’s disgraceful behaviour.
“Angela Williamson was sacked and the Premier’s senior adviser walked away with $45,000.”
• ABC: ‘Golden handshake’ for Government staffer who trolled former Cricket Australia employee Angela Williamson Tasmania’s Opposition has accused the Premier of allowing one of his senior advisers who confessed to trolling people online to walk away with a “golden handshake” …
• Rebecca White: Premier in as deep as Ferguson in Cricket Australia termination affair • Hodgman dodges questions – what is he trying to hide? • Series of serious questions involving Hodgman’s role in Cricket Australia sacking • Full independent investigation is needed