• Minor flooding has developed in the lower reaches of the River Derwent below Meadowbank Dam.
• Minor flooding is not expected to extend downstream to New Norfolk and no flooding is expected in the Ouse and Clyde river tributaries.
• River levels are expected to remain high during Friday due to dam inflows from the upper reaches of the catchment.
• In the 48 hours to 9am Friday, widespread rainfall totals of 20-50mm were reported about the Derwent catchment.
• Rain is expected to ease today with 5-10mm expected in the west and south, and
1-2mm elsewhere. Rain continues to lessen on Saturday with 1-2mm in west and south and Sunday will see around 1-2mm in the west.
• Snow levels are expected to fall to around 400 metres today and small hail is possible about the south.
• A Strong Wind Warning, Road Weather Alert and Bushwalkers Alert are also in place for Friday. Locations and details for each warning are available at www.bom.gov.au/tas/warnings/
• The minor flood warning will be reviewed this afternoon and updated if required at www.bom.gov.au/tas/warnings/
• A Road Weather Alert will be issued this afternoon for ice on roads across Tasmania on Saturday morning. Details available at www.bom.gov.au/tas/warnings/
What’s the difference between a Flood Watch and a Flood Warning?
Find out at www.bom.gov.au/water/floods/floodWarningServices.shtml
Kelly McNeill | Media and Communication Manager, Tasmania and Antarctica