This weekend SFP Tasmania will host Victorian Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party MP Jeff Bourman to Tasmania to conduct a workshop on election campaigning.
Jeff is an Australian politician who has been a member of the Victorian Legislative Council representing Eastern Victoria region since 2014.
Jeff’s working career has been varied, going from administrative jobs, security guard roles and working in a car wrecker, to joining Victoria Police on 29 April 1996. After leaving the force in 2000 he became an IT contractor.
Despite the ongoing attack on the law abiding, Jeff has kept his interest in shooting as a recreation, and got politically active as a way of protecting the future of his sport, which has led to him starting the Victorian branch of the Shooters and Fishers Party and being elected to the Victorian parliament in 2014.
Jeff wants to bring fairness back to the table. It isn’t just fairness for law abiding firearm owners, it is fairness for fishers, farmers, rural and regional communities and everyone that feels the touch of an often-unfair system.
Despite what some want you the voter to believe SFP Tasmania is not a right-wing party. We as a progressive party with regional Tasmanians in our hearts and we will continue to support all regional Tasmanians on the following aims:
• SFFP Tasmania’s aim is to stimulate regional and rural businesses by promoting all outdoor recreational activities in a responsible manner.
• SFFP Tasmania will push for improved rural tourism infrastructure to promote access to our wild places in order to encourage tourism in rural communities.
• SFFP Tasmania will vigorously protect your right to enjoy the outdoor way of life, now and for future generations.
• SFFP Tasmania vows to protect the environment through education and strong, properly enforced biosecurity measures for all aquaculture and agriculture industries, big or small.
• SFFP Tasmania is steadfast in its resolve to ensure that rural communities have access to tailored and properly resourced community, emergency and local health services specific to their needs.
• SFFP Tasmania is committed to properly resourced wildlife and marine management agencies, backed by robust law enforcement, to ensure our flora, fauna and aquatic environments are managed in a sustainable manner based on scientific evidence and not emotion.
We welcome Jeff Bourman to our shores and to assisting in our election campaign weekend workshop.