• A strong cold front will cross Tasmania on Thursday afternoon bringing a cold southwesterly stream.
• Snow is expected to drop as low as 200-300 metres in the south and central areas during the late afternoon and evening and will rise again to around 500 metres on Friday.
• Possible small hail across the state.
• Gusty winds of between 25 and 35 knots (46-65 km/h) expected locally with up to 45 knots (85 km/h) in elevated areas.
• Rainfall totals between 15-25mm in the west, between 2-10mm in the north and central areas and south east, and less than 2mm about the east coast.
• The following warnings will be in place for Thursday:
• Strong wind warning for all coastal areas including the South East Inshore.
• Small craft alert for Central Plateau and South West Lakes.
• Bushwalkers Weather Alert.
• Sheep Graziers for northwest coast, Midlands, east coast, upper Derwent Valley and south east.
• A Road Weather Alert is expected to also be issued for Thursday.
Details on warnings are updated daily at:
Kelly McNeill | Media and Communication Manager, Tasmania and Antarctica