The prime minister, Tony Abbott, had his YouTube account mistakenly suspended on the weekend after users complained it had deceptive content.
The video, titled Delivering on our Promises, was posted on Sunday but after user complaints the entire account was suspended.
Instead the message “the video has been removed as a violation of YouTube’s policy against spam, scams and commercially deceptive content” came up when users tried to access the video.
The video featured Abbott, with an Australian flag in the background, talking about how confidence was returning to Australia and how he was implementing a plan for a prosperous Australia.
Most of the video was taken up by the Coalition’s asylum seeker policy with Abbott saying a boat had not reached Australia’s shores for six weeks.
“This progress in stopping the boats is just one of the reasons why I am optimistic about the year ahead,” he said.
“It’s just one of many areas where the policies of the new government are making a difference.”
Abbott has been using YouTube to release a variety of messages since becoming prime minister.
The account was reinstated by Monday morning.
Google released a statement saying the suspension was a mistake.
“Occasionally, a video flagged by users is mistakenly taken down,” it said. “When this is brought to our attention, we quickly review the content and take appropriate action, including restoring videos or channels that had been removed.”
A spokeswoman for the prime minister’s office said the account had been reinstated so there was no comment to make.