Politics

Green: I will have earned the right to seek promotion to the front bench …

1. Gerry Mander

November 23, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I will have earned the right to seek promotion to the front bench …

I think that should read ‘Park Bench’ !

2. Eagle eye

November 23, 2009 at 10:02 am

It has been said that the problem with proving corruption in Tasmania is that most corrupt Tasmanians are too stupid to ask for the cash.

3. stephen

November 23, 2009 at 9:53 am

Simply unbelievable. Only in Tasmania!

4. Philip Lowe

November 23, 2009 at 8:40 am

Some people leave one speechless with their arrogance.One such person is Mr. Brian Green.His appeal for the popular Bogan vote is so apparent.
    A man who started at the bottom and worked his way down.I am minded of Coleridge Taylor’s ancient mariner,’ye slimy things with legs did crawl’.Please,will good men now step forward and remove this political parasite from the little podium that he now occupies.

5. Leah

November 22, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Green deserves nothing but a good swift kick up the rear. Idiot.

6. Mark

November 22, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Socrates (through Plato) reasoned, “Nobody does wrong deliberately.” The article is a very good example of this philosophy.

Sane people make rational choices based on their own circumstances and ethics. That is why we have courts of law in order to set social norms and ethics.

History is littered with those who killed, maimed, robbed etc with 99% doing so from a personally reasoned position.

Everyone, including Bryan but excepting the insane, can take some time to reflect on their decisions in life before claiming they were right.

7. Concerned Resident

November 22, 2009 at 6:58 pm

If the voters of Braddon vote for this untrustworthy (Anonymous Personal Abuse Deleted), they are much more stupid than I would have given them credit for!!!

8. Media Unit Stooge

November 22, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Not sure what the problem is.

I am sure the good burghers of Burnie would have stockpiled supplies of lubricant before they vote in their man.

I hope they too have laid by sufficient grease to salve the pain of discovering their hero is the Moriarty behind the pulp mill.

9. Greg James

November 22, 2009 at 11:35 am

Dear Brian and your mates, If the only vision you have is your career, then isn’t it about time you face facts, you were fired, you lost your job as Minister, you no longer have the right, its over, its gone, finito, we don’t want you spoiling parliament, you are stupid to have been involved, you are inconsistent, incapable of self analysis, you will not ever be Premier, you are a… dead parrot.
    Nothing more than a dead parrot.

10. Gerry Mander

November 22, 2009 at 11:06 am

Oh Dear, I do believe I have mixed up Steve Green with David Kons.

Wasn’t there something to do with Accreditation fees going to a mate, or something and wasn’t he found not guilty and not innocent?

It’s so easy to mix up these politicians nowadays. They all look the same to me.

So sorry!

11. Gerry Mander

November 22, 2009 at 11:00 am

“I am not corrupt. I know in my own mind that I am not corrupt.” Bryan Green.

Although I was the centre of Shreddergate and misled Parliament, I am not corrupt. I didn’t vote for Gunns or assist in the dissolution of the RPDC. I had nothing to do with PMAA Section 11. I did not agree to giving Gunns a 20 year contract at below cost prices for our forests. I had nothing to do with giving then a water supply at mates rates. I was not party to all the public money fed into Forestry and Gunns and I was not aware that they were making large contributions into party funds.

I had nothing to do with Federal Hotels getting the gaming rights in Tasmania for a song. I did not support the Ralphs Bay project.

In my own mind I was not party to any of these things and I have been very careful with my affairs since then, so I know the Greens won’t find a shred of evidence against me.

Believe me, I am innocent!

12. WTF

November 22, 2009 at 9:53 am

What a complete tosser! But he will get re-elected by the herds of morons, no small thanks to fee polotical ads like this one by the examiner.

13. Pete Godfrey

November 22, 2009 at 9:01 am

Yep Phil you are right he has admitted to being dumb. Even though the judge managed to confuse the jury with an imbecillic argument to decide on he is guilty as charged. He admitted signing a deal to give a mate $2 million of the public purse in the event that his mates lost government.
    He is guilty of not taking advice.
    He is guilty of signing the document against advice.
    He is guilty of having no conscience or ethics.
    And he is guilty of being so arrogant that he finds it difficult to be told that he has made a mistake of major proportions and that he should do the right thing and resign.

14. Charles and Claire Gilmour

November 22, 2009 at 8:28 am

So what is Bryan Green saying then? That he was nothing more than a fool who had a fuzzy vision and was led down the wrong path? Isn’t there a saying, fools beget fools? Obviously Labors catch cry.

The question is, what underhanded mates deal, at the expense of the community, does he expect to sign next state election night?

We can tell you from experienced fact, he can’t be trusted, he is all too prepared to deny the truth.

The only thing Bryan Green will have earned the right to, is to forever lay in the thorny bed he made for himself.

15. phill PARSONS

November 22, 2009 at 7:24 am

So Green admits to being stupid.

Whilst it may appear to some that this is a qualifications for a Minister of the Tasmanian Government, especially the Infrastructure portfolio.

For others the arrogance of knowing you are always right is another qualification that seems essential when ignoring the community and rolling some favoured project of a special mate or some other special deal over the voter, even when you are caught out.

There is only one way to prevent Green from returning to the Cabinet as all the ducks are in a row for him at Labor HQ. However if such is the way perhaps next time he will take the advice and not sign when he is so advised, even if it is a special deal for a special mate.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Receive Our Weekly Tas Roundup