We are looking for volunteer Content Editors to join the team at Tasmanian Times. Editors help deliver quality, independent news, media and entertainment to our readers.
This is an opportunity to write, edit, and photograph topics that you feel passionate about in Tasmania, and engage with the wider community. Tasmanian Times offers an opportunity to be involved in an independent media collective; a space for people to share and engage with what they are passionate about within our island state. To do this we are looking to highlight original content from a diverse range of voices and experiences – by Tasmanians, for Tasmanians.
Editors will be willing and able to commit to the following;
– 4-6 hours volunteering per week, on average
– High level writing skills; ability to contribute to writing and editing articles
– Understanding or willingness to learn how to format and publish articles online
– Report to and take direction from Operations Manager and Chief Editor, whilst working autonomously
– Have access to reliable computer and internet services
– Be passionate about independent and alternative media sources
– Be willing to attend training sessions (either in person or online)
If you’d like to know more, registrations are now open for initial online sessions –
To register for Saturday 30th May click here.
People of all ages and backgrounds, with an interest in fiercely independent media, are encouraged to get involved!