Volunteering Tasmania is urging people to take a moment to reflect upon the amazing volunteers who go above and beyond and make an enormous social, cultural and economic contribution to our state.
In Tasmania, we know that 7.1 million hours are donated by volunteers in the community which is conservatively estimated being worth an incredible $4.9 billion in economic and social value to the State.
The 2018 Southern Cross Television Tasmanian Volunteering Awards are the only state-wide volunteer awards that recognise volunteers who’ve dedicated their time and skills to our community.
Volunteering Tasmania CEO Alison Lai says “the awards are an important way to acknowledge and celebrate others for the time they dedicate to volunteering and their valuable contribution to the community and economy.
We need your help to unearth these amazing stories and are asking people to nominate nominate nominate.”
Easy one page online nomination forms can be found on http://www.volunteeringtas.org.au and nominations close midnight, Sunday 11 March 2018.
The Award categories are:
• The TasTAFE Education, Science and Technology Award
• The Tourism Industry Council Tasmania’s Arts, Heritage and Tourism Award
• The Anglicare Tasmania Community Care and Health Award
• The Lifeline Tasmania Emergency Services Award
• The NRM South Environment, Animal Care and Conservation Award
• The Bulk Nutrients Sport and Recreation Award
• The CatholicCare Volunteer Group or Program Award
• The Hydro Tasmania Excellence Award for best practice in volunteer management
• The Corporate Award for an employee volunteering program
All nominees will receive a Certificate of Recognition for their volunteering contributions during National Volunteer Week, 21-27 May 2018.
The Governor of Tasmania, Professor the Honourable Kate Warner will host the finalists at Government House for afternoon tea on Monday, 21 May 2018, where the winners of each category will be announced. One of these category winners will also be announced as the Premier’s Volunteer of the Year.